A play on my original Raw Chocolate Cake, but made extra delicious with toasted coconut topping and mini macaroon cookies for each slice. This cake was made with the chocoholic in mind.
Recipe is vegan, free of dairy, soy, and gluten.
1 1/2 cup pecans (or nut of choice)
2/3 cup dates
1 cup dark cocoa or carob powder
4 medium avocados
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup toasted coconut
1. Soak nuts if desired, for 1 hour or longer.
2. Mix ingredients into a blender or food processor, until dates and nuts are chopped.
3. Press into pan, and place into the fridge while you prepare the filling.
1. Combine the filling ingredients into a food processor or blender until completely smooth.
2. Pour onto cake crust, and place back into the fridge overnight (or a minimum of a few hours).
1: Sprinkle toasted coconut evenly over cake.
1/2 C unsweetened coconut
4 tbsp chocolate chips, melted
1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond or peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 300 F
2: Combine ingredients in bowl, and mix.
3: Roll into small balls and flatten on cookie sheet.
4: Bake for 10 minutes.
5: Cool and then place into freezer.
6. Melt 3 tbsp chocolate chips with 1 tsp coconut oil.
7. Dip cookies into melted chocolate and place back into freezer for 10 minutes.
8. Cut cookies in half, and lightly press into cake, around the edge, so each slice gets one.